CHIA PUDDING AND CARAMELISED WALNUTS
Chia seeds are kind of popular these days : I can’t count the number of recipes with this ingredient I came accross on the Internet. High in omega 3 and fibre, they are indeed really good for your health. When I found some the other day in a shop near my house, I decided to try my own recipe : a chia seeds pudding with coconut milk, served with banana and caramelised nuts. This is an easy, delicious and healthy alternative for breakfast or as a snack during the day.
– Chia seeds
– Coconut milk
– 3 tbsp of sugar
– One banana
FIRST STEP : MAKE THE CHIA SEEDS PUDDING
– This first step is really simple, but you have to make it the previous evening, or at least several hours before eating. Just mix chia seeds and coconut milk in a bowl and let the mixture sit on the fridge overnight. For the quantities, I always do it approximately depending on what I need. Just make sure that the mixture is not too thick or too liquid.
SECOND STEP : CARAMELISE THE WALNUTS
– Take the peeled walnuts and cut them into small pieces.
– Heat a pan at high heat, without any oil or butter.
– When the pan is really hot, add the walnuts. Let them at high heat during 3 to 5 minutes and move them as often as possible. The walnuts should blacken a little bit, but of course they souldn’t start to burn.
– At the end of these few minutes, put on low heat and add 3 tbsp of sugar on the walnuts. Covered them all with the melting sugar, then pour the content of the pan into a plate to stop the cooking.
– Regularly stir the walnuts while they cool to keep them from sticking.
THIRD STEP : THE DRESSING
– Slice or dice a banana, depending on what you prefer.
– Pour the overnight chia seeds pudding in a bowl and add the pieces of banana and the caramelised nuts on top.
– Enjoy !