HOW TO CLEAN YOUR MAKEUP BRUSHES
During my last weekly “brush cleaning” session, I realised that I never mentioned the subject on this blog. Let’s turn this wrong into a right with this new post where I’m going to show you how to perfectly disinfect and clean your makeup brushes. When I first started to use makeup, I had a hard time properly cleaning them, mainly because I didn’t how which products to use. Now, in only 5 minutes, my dear brushes are impeccable. I let you discover my tips and I hope they will be useful !
To clean my brushes, I simply use coconut oil (liquid) and antibacterial dish soap. Coconut oil is great to remove makeup (I also use it on my face), and to protect the delicate bristles of our brushes. You can also use olive oil.
The dish soap is optional : I personnaly prefer ursing it to be sure to kill as many bacterias as possible.
1. In a plate, I mix a nut of antibacterian dishsoap with about 3 to 5 tbsp of coconut oil.
2. I take my brush and delicately stir it in the mixture while rubbing it against the plate, in order to soak all the bristles.
3. Once all the brushes are soaked with oil and soap, I gently rub them between my fingers to take all the makeup off. Don’t forget to also clean the handle !
4. Then, I rince them well with warm water.
If your brushes were really dirty, I invite you to repeat all the steps from the beggining to perfectly clean them.
5. Finally, I place them on a towell, head downwards to keep the water from staying at the base of the bristles, because it would damage them. You just have to put a book under your towel (here, I used a cutting board). I gently wipe the brushes and I leave them like this during a few hours, until they are dry.
I clean my brushes one time a week, except for my beauty blender, which I clean everytime I use it.
I hope these tips were helpful for those of you who have a hard time properly cleaning your makeup brushes. You don’t have to buy expensive cleansers since you can obtain a better result with products from your kitchen !