Today, I’ve decided to show you how to achieve a perfect bright lip that can last a whole day long, and even survive a meal. Many of you know how to master a red lip in your everyday life, but we are all seeking the best holding ! Over time, I’ve learned some technics to make my lipstick last longer. Discover the step by step tutorial.
1. I always start by preping my lips. First, I exfoliate them with my electric tooth brush (a regular tooth brush also works) by rubing it gently. This is a really effective technic to get rid of the little dead skins and to plump the lips. I then apply my favourite lip balm, the vitamin E stick from The Body Shop.
2. Then, I take my lipstick. Here I’m using the Rouge Zéro Défaut Couleurs Nature from Yves Rocher in the shade 03 (similar here), which is perfect for my skin tone with its orange undertone.
3. I roughly apply a first layer with a lip brush, which is way more precise. Using a brush also helps you to control the thickness of the layer.
4. Here is the result after the first layer.
5. Then, I use the HD loose translucent powder from Make Up Forever.
6. With a regular brush, I apply the powder by gently tapping it on my lips. This is going to set the first layer and help the second one to hold.
7. I then draw the second layer, very precisely this time, to delimit the contour of the lips. The lip brush is a great tool for that.
8. I finish the look by applying a touch of light concealer around my mouth to make it pop more while hiding the eventual burrs I made. This is also going to keep the colour from running during the day.
And here is the final result, a perfectly defined red lip that is also going to last a whole day long, even after a meal or a meeting with your colleagues. A great way to avoid touch-ups every 10 minutes !