MY NATURAL MAKEUP ROUTINE
Today, I’m back with a new makeup tutorial to show you how I do my natural makeup routine for the summer season. The idea is to become a better version of yourself ! But what I also love about this look is that it’s quick and simple, and perfect for the warm weather. I guess you’re like me : during summer, I hate complicating things regarding my look !
For this tutorial, I mainly used makeup products from the Born Pretty store. I recently disovered this e-shop, and it’s been a pleasant surprise (I insist on the word surprise). To the point that these cosmetics have found their way into my makeup bag.
But I will tell you more about that at the end of this post, for now, let’s take a look at the step by step tutorial !
1. Very high protection mineral cream SPF 50+ – Avène
2. 1 2 3 Perfect foundation – Bourjois shade 52
3. Professional Cream Palette – Party Queen via Born Pretty
4. Blusch cream – Mixiu via Born Pretty shade 04
5. Lip crayon – The Hot Shop via Born Pretty shade 04
6. Eyeshadow Trio Dégradé Mat – Yves Rocher
7. Outrageous Volume Mascara – Sephora
8. Black Eye Pencil – Yves Rocher
9. HD Powder – Make Up Forever
10. “Beauty Blender” sponge – Sephora
11. Mini “Beauty Blender” sponge – Born Pretty
1. Once my skin is clean, I apply my day cream, the very high protection mineral cream SPF 50+ from Avène. I also put lipbalm on my lips : I love the vitamin E stick from The Body Shop.
2. Then, I apply my foundation with a wet beauty blender. I always work from the center of the face outwards. Gently dab the product, without spreading it. Don’t forget your jawline and your neck to avoid any demarcation !
3. Once my complexion unified, I use a lighter concealer. With the help of a mini beauty blender, I cover my dark circles and my rednesses.
4. It’s now time to define your brows ! I discipline mine with a brush, then I redefine them with a powder of the same shade and an angled brush. Don’t put too much product and try not to draw sharp lines, in order to obtain a natural result.
5. After that, I use my cream blush : I apply a few amount from the cheeks to the temples, and I dab the product with a wet beauty blender to blend it well into the complexion.
6. I finish with a bit of loose powder, especially on the T zone. The aim is to matify this area, while keeping a fresh complexion with a natural glow.
7. On the eyes, I first use a black mascara. Then, with a black eyepencil, I draw a line on the upper waterline, right under the upper lashline. I also add a really light touch of black pencil on the lower lashline and waterline.
8. I finish this makeup look with a hint of glossy lip pencil. First, I apply it directly on my lips, then I blend it with my finger for a more natural result.
And voilà !
Recently, I’ve been contacted by Born Pretty, a cosmetics retailer which happens to be… a chinese brand. You know, like those really cheap clothes that usually run super small ?
I won’t try to hide the fact that at first, I’ve been a bit suspicious regarding the quality of the products they sell, but I still agreed to try a few cosmetics, which I’ve been able to choose myself. I selected some classics, because it’s easier to judge if they are good or bad : a concealer palette, a creamy blush, a glossy lip pencil and a mini sponge (“Beauty Blender” like).
I can tell you that I reviewed my opinion once I got my package delivered ! The quality/price ratio is great ! The quality of the products if really good, and the prices are really cheap.
If you have a small beauty budget, I can only advise you to go take a look at Born Pretty, because the cosmetics and accessories they offer seem to match the quality of brands like Gemey-Maybelline or Revlon.
I don’t know if all their products are as good, because I obviously couldn’t try them all, but the ones I used are really nice basics to have.
After my disappointment with the Catrice palette, I decided to try this one. I’ve been surprised by the good coverage of the concealers, which are long lasting. I would have loved different colours though, especially a more orange shade that the one proposed here. The first shade is also really light, maybe more suited for a contouring look. But for the price (3.99$ !!), I’m being too demanding.
Then, I decided to go for this pretty peach cream blush. The real colour is the same as on the pictures and it’s really nice, perfect to brighten a dull complexion ! However, be careful when you apply it : dab it with your fingertips or a sponge. If you spread it, the product will create streaks and lines on your cheeks… not a good look ! But if you use the right method, no risk !
This glossy lip crayon is also a good choice. I love the packaging ! The colour is similar to the pictures, and the shade is well pigmented and really easy to apply. However, this crayon doesn’t last really long on the lips, but it is not difficult to do touch-ups during the day with this kind of product.
Finally, I wanted to try an accessory to check the quality ! I was really happy to find this tiny sponge, because I’m always mentally complaining that my beauty blender is too big for my dark circles or my nose… Honestly, I’m very satisfied. This is a sponge, so I won’t tell you much about it, but it perfectly does its job and it’s very practical and useful for the small corners of the face.
As a bonus, if this post made you want to try some products from the Born Pretty store, you can enjoy 10% off of your purchase with the code BLUEG10. In addition, the international shipping is free…