RECIPE : THAÏ CHICKEN SOUP
It’s been a long time since my last recipe ! I love this thaï chicken and sweet potatoes soup. This dish reminds me of the amazing thaï soup my mother used to prepare. Besides, it’s pretty easy to make. You can discover the recipe below, I hope you will enjoy it as much as I do.
- Preparation Time: 00:45
- Cook Time: 00:25
- Servings: 4
- 4 small chicken breasts (or 2 large)
- 400 g of sweet potatoes
- 2 carrots
- coconut oil
- red curry paste
- a bunch of fresh coriander
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 cm of fresh ginger
- 275 ml of coconut cream
- one chicken stock cube
- one lime
- salt, pepper
- 1Bring 750 ml of water to a boil and add your chicken stock cube.
- 2Meanwhile, wash, peel and roughly chop the sweet potatoes, but set a few nice slices aside for the presentation. Peel and chop the garlic and the ginger. Wash and chop the coriander, but set a few leaves aside for the presentation.
- 3Heat a bit of coconut oil in a big saucepan and add one table spoon of red curry paste. and the coriander, the garlic and the ginger. Sauté everything over medium heat during a few minutes.
- 4Pour the chicken stock into the saucepan. Add the coconut cream and the sweet potatoes. When it starts to boil, reduce on low heat and cover for 15 minutes.
- 5When the potatoes are cooked, let the mixture cool for a dozen of minutes, then blend it in order to get a soup. Meanwhile, finely slice the chicken breasts. Wash and peel the carrots and cut them into thick slices.
- 6Pour the soup back into the saucepan, add the sliced chicken breasts, the carrots and the remaining slices of sweet potatoes, and let it cook for 10 minutes. The carrots must remain crunchy.
- 7Serve with a few slices of lime and its juice and some coriander leaves. Add salt and pepper. Enjoy !