If you are looking for a light recipe… run away. The name of this cake came to me once I had the final result in front of my eyes : how are we going to eat such a thing without murdering our liver or our personal scale ? We were celebrating Gleb’s birthday yesterday, and for the occasion I made this two-layered dessert with his favourite sweets, M&M’s and Maltesers. Even if the final result is not exactly like I imagined, I’m quite happy with this funny and original cake (that happened to also be delicious). I share with you the recipe.
To make this recipe, you will need :
- 6 eggs
- 2 unflavoured yoghurts
- baking powder
- about 150g of baking chocolate
- about 150g of butter
- one or two bags of Maltesers
- one bag of M&M’s
The yoghurt cakes
1. In a bowl, pour one unflavoured yoghurt.
2. Clean the yoghurt pot, we will use it to measure the other ingredients.
3. Pour two pots of flour in the bowl.
4. Pour two pots of sugar.
5. Add three eggs and one little spoon of baking powder.
6. Mix briskly with a whisk until smooth.
7. Pour the batter in a round baking tin after you generously buttered it.
8. Put the cake in the oven that has been preheated to about 200°C (thermostat 7), during 20 to 30 minutes. Watch the cooking carefully. To know if your cake is ready, put a knife in its middle : if the knife stays clean, it’s ready.
Once the first cake out of the oven, repeat the whole process to make a second cake.
The chocolate topping
1. Cut about 100g of butter in cubes.
2. Break about 150g of baking chocolate in squares.
3. Melt the two in a bain-marie.
Assembling the cake
1. Once your cakes are cold and removed from the mold, cover them both with the chocolate topping. Be careful not to put to much topping to avoid soaking the cakes excessively.
2. Put the rounder cake on top of the other one.
3. On top, put your M&M’s and Maltesers as you wish. The topping will act like a glue and prevent them from falling.
4. Put your cake in the fridge for a few hours and enjoy !
You can now suscribe to The Blue Dress Girl on Bloglovin ! Bloglovin is a plateform that allows you to suscribe to your favourite blogs and see all their new posts in one feed. Great if you are following multiple blogs everyday and want to be aware of their new content immediately.