I’m lucky enough to have a boyfriend who loves cooking as much as I do, and who’s good at it (even better). We often cook together, excited like children at the thought of the meal we are soon going to enjoy. But it’s a lot less fun when the fridge is empty and we both lack ideas and inspiration. It was the case when we improvised this recipe, which allowed us to empty our cupboards and to create a nice, comforting meal. If you have the required ingredients, of course…
THE INGREDIENTS (FOR TWO)
– 300g of ground beef
– 5 beautiful potatoes
– one onion
– one clove of garlic
– 2 eggs
– cheese (emmental)
– olive oil
– provencal herbs
– salt, pepper
1. Heat two tbsp of olive oil in a pan. When the oil is really hot, add the ground beef. Cover and cook over low heat for a few minutes.
2. Meanwhile, peel and wash the potatoes. Slice the onion and the garlic and add them to the meat. Depending on your preferences, you can also add provencal herbs, salt and pepper. Let the meat cook for a few minutes.
3. Beat the eggs in a bowl and add provencal herbs to the mixture.
4. Cut the potatoes in thin slices and arrange a first layer in a buttered oven dish.
5. Pour the beef over this first layer and cover with a second layer of potatoes.
6. Finish by pouring the eggs on top of the dish, and sprinkle with grated cheese (I chose emmental for this recipe). Add salt and pepper.
7. Cook at 200°C (thermostat 7) for 30 to 45 minutes.
8. Enjoy !