TUTORIAL : A LIGHT FESTIVE MAKEUP
Today, I’m sharing with you this festive makeup look, which is not only discrete and subtle, but also easy to replicate. I personally doesn’t like to wear something too heavy, even for a special occasion. But I still want to create a more polished look than usual for the holiday festivities ! That’s why I imagined this pretty golden smoky that would be perfect if you celebrate Christmas with your family.
It was also the occasion for me to get more familiar with the new camera I got yesterday. I’m very happy with the result for now, and I’m probably going to share more beauty tutorials with you. It’s way easier with the proper equipment ! Well, enough said, let’s get started…
PRODUCTS I’VE USED…
Chanel Foundation Perfection Lumière Beige 20 – Lancôme Concealer Effacernes Beige Pastel 01
Dior Palette 5 Couleurs Designer 508 Nude Pink Design – Chanel Palette Les 4 Ombres 19 Enigma
Yves Rocher Black Waterproof Eye Pencil – My Little Beauty Lunatique Eye Pencil – Debby White Khol – Sephora Mascara Outrageous Volume
Clarins Blush Prodige 02 Soft Peach – Clinique Lipstick Chubby Stick 03 Fuller Fig
Sephora and Marionnaud brushes and sponge
THE STEP BY STEP
– After putting my foundation on, I applied white khol all over my eyelid and blended it in order to create a light base. This way, the the eyeshadow is going to pop more and hold longer.
Then, I applied a bronze eyeshadow from the Dior palette on the eyelid and in the crease.
– I then used a khaki eyeshadow from the Chanel palette (1) to blend it with the bronze one, and to accentuate the crease. After that, I used a third eyeshadow, an iridescent grey (2), on the mobile eyelid only. I tried to blend the three shades really well together with a fluffy brush, going towards the outer corner of the eye. The idea was to create a faded smoky effect to keep the look natural.
– Then, I roughly drew a line above my upper lashline with a black pencil. I blended it on the eyelid with a brush and more bronze eyeshadow. Next, I applied a transparent glittery shadow on the mobile eyelid to keep things festive.
– Finally, I used a champagne pencil under my eyes and on the waterline, followed by a touch of black mascara on the upper lashes only.
– And I finally finished the whole makeup : first, I applied concealer under my eyes in order to hide the eyeshadow residues that fell on my cheeks. Then, I applied a peachy blush on the top of my cheekbones and on my temples. Lastly, I shaped my eyebrows with a brown pencil.
– On the lips, I applied a tiny bit of concealer before coloring them with a burgundy Chubby Stick. That way, the color is brighter and lasts longer. Afterwards, I concealed the contour of my mouth with a foundation brush to avoid burrs.
And we have a festive makeup look that I intentionally wanted light and discrete. The alliance between the bronze and the khaki colour offers a pretty golden shade that will suit every eye.