CHICKEN AND MOZARELLA WRAP
In Malta, spring has finally sprung and has made me craving fresh, healthy, and quick meals. I found the perfect recipe for lunch, which won’t require to spend an hour in the kitchen : the chicken and mozarella wrap, mexican style (or fajita). Meat, vegetables, carbs and cheese that you can eat without a fork ? A big yes.
The ingredients (for 4 wraps) :
– 4 mexican wraps (wholemeat is better)
– one chicken breast
– a beautiful tomato or two small ones
– the half of a red bell pepper
– an onion
– a lemon
1. Dice the chicken breast and cook it in a pan with a little bit of olive oil. Heat up the oven at 200°C, on grill mode.
2. Meanwhile, wash and dice your vegetables.
3. When the chicken is almost ready, put the wraps on a rack and put them in the oven during approximately 1 minute.
4. After 1 minute, turn them over and cover them with pieces of mozarella. Put the wraps in the oven for an other minute.
5. When the chicken is cooked, add the juice of a lemon.
6. Remove the wraps from the oven and put the chicken dices, the vegetables and the letuce in the center.
This chicken and mozarella wrap is delicious with sparkling water
flavoured with lemon slices and fresh mint !
You can also enjoy a mojito or two…