In this post, I will teach you how to make a soothing, anti-dandruff, fortifying solid shampoo which also promotes hair growth. Yes, all of this at once !
This solid shampoo is a little wonder that smells of citrus and has many properties.
The principal ones are : anti-dandruff, soothing, fortifying (prevents hair loss) and great for hair growth. It’s ideal if you have sensitive or irritated scalp, and/or oily hair. It’s also great if you’ve just had a baby and your hair is starting to fall out due to postpartum. Finally, if you just want to limit seasonal hair loss or make it grow faster, this recipe is also for you.
The ingredients of this soothing solid shampoo have other benefits that I will detail below.
My air-dried hair after using this solid shampoo, without conditioner.
My boyfriend suffers from psoriasis, and this solid shampoo is the only one that can soothe his itch. As for me, I love using it because it lathers well and makes my hair strong and very shiny.
Now let’s see the recipe !
Soothing and anti-dandruff solid shampoo : the ingredients
However, if you don’t have some, you can use SLSA. The latter is a little more irritating, but will still be good for the making of a solid shampoo (don’t worry, you will not end up with holes in your skull).
You can also mix the two, if you wish. In this case, I recommend 40% SCI and 60% SLSA.
In this recipe, you can replace it with olive oil.
You will easily find it as an infusion in the tea department. I infuse two sachets in a bit of hot water for at least 10 minutes.
You can also make it yourself with nettles from your garden.
You can replace it with amla powder.
You can replace it with marshmallow plant powder.
It’s not essential to the recipe, but I recommend that you use it for optimal results.
You can replace it with grapefruit EO, but orange is best.
You can replace it with lemon EO, but tea tree is more effective.
Now let’s see the quantities, to make around 200g of shampoo
- 60 g of SCI
- 20 ml of sweet almond oil
- 20 ml of jojoba oil
- 20 ml of nettle infusion (2 bags infused in a bit of hot water)
- 20 g of shikakaï powder
- 20 g of Brazilian ginseng powder
- 20 g or orange powder
- 20 g of honey
- 30 drops of orange essential oil
- 30 drops of tea tree essential oil
The recipe for soothing solid shampoo, step by step
Rest : 2 hours in the mold + 48 hours after unmolding.
I start by brushing and detangling my dry hair, then I start the shampoo. You just need to quickly wet the solid shampoo, then rub it on the scalp (on the temples, the nape of the neck, the line of the hair and the back of the skull. Then, I massage my whole scalp to make a lather, like you would with a classic shampoo, but I let it sit for a few minutes so that the hair can benefit from all the active ingredients. Finally, I rinse, I dry my hair in a cotton T-shirt (no towel), I brush it and then I let it air dry without touching it. I’ve stopped using conditioner a while ago.
- In a water-bath, melt the SCI with the oils and the nettle infusion, for a few minutes.
- Then, add the shikakaï, ginseng and orange powders that you had previously mixed together. You will obtain a thick paste.
- Remove the container from the water-bath and add the honey, and then the essential oils. Mix well.
- Without waiting, place the paste in the molds, pressing well with your fingers (but be careful not to burn yourself). If you don’t have a mold, you can simply form balls. It is less pretty but it doesn’t change anything in the final result.
- Let the shampoo solidify for 2 hours at room temperature. You can then unmold it, but it must be left to stand for an additional 48 hours before using it.
And voilà, your soothing solid shampoo is ready !