I’m not a vegetarian, but I don’t eat meat everyday. However, I always make sure that I get enough proteins, because I workout a lot and my muscles need them. For that, nothing better than legumes, and especially lentils. I’ve decided to share this simple vegan recipe with you, really comforting during wintertime : a spicy lentil soup, with seasonal vegetables.
The ingredients (for 4 persons) :
– an onion
– 4 garlic cloves
– a tomato
– 3 carrots
– 4 big Paris mushrooms
– 300g of lentils
– 200g of corn
– Cayenne pepper
– olive oil
– a lemon
1. Peel and chop the onion. In a stewpot, heat one tbsp of olive oil and sauté the onion during 5 minutes, on low heat.
2. Finely chop a few garlic cloves and add them with the onion. Sauté them one additional minute.
3. Dice the tomato and put it in the pot. Add 1,5L of water, a tsp of Cayenne pepper, a few aromatic herbs of your choice, the lemon juice, a pinch of salt and bring to boil.
6. Wash your vegetables. Peel and cut the carrots. Cut the mushrooms into four pieces. Add them, as well as the corn, to your meal 20 minutes before the end of the cooking time.
7. Serve with parsley and a slice of wholwheat bread !